Yes. If we send statutory auto enrolment communications to your employees on your behalf as part of your service, we can send communications by email:
- direct to each employee, if we have their email address, or
- to your common mailbox – a central email address, for example in your HR or payroll department, to be forwarded on to each employee within the statutory timescales.
It’s important that we have an up-to-date mailbox address that we can send these communications to in order to help you remain compliant with auto enrolment legislation.
We recommend a centrally managed email address is used for this purpose and checked regularly, as each PDF communication is sent as a separate email, with each employee’s payroll number.
We recommend you check the mailbox every day as you’ll be responsible for sending the PDFs on to the relevant employees within the statutory six-week timescale.
How to update your common mailbox address
You can change the common mailbox address for your organisation in our Gateway employer system.
1. Log in to Gateway and go to ‘Employer Settings’ in the top right-hand side. Click on the drop-down box to go to ‘Company Details’.
2. Scroll down to ‘Communication Settings’ and edit the ‘Common mailbox address’. Enter the central email address you’ve chosen to receive the PDF communications and select the tick box when it’s complete.
- To view any of the communications that have been sent to a member, go to ‘Employees’ and click on the relevant member. Scroll down to ‘Communications’ and select the communication you want to see.
Each separate PDF will be delivered to your central email address individually, making it easier for you to identify which employee should receive the communication.
You can also email us at email@example.com to tell us what your new mailbox address is.