- Your employer will put you into the Scheme as soon as you become eligible to be auto enrolled.
- If you qualify when you join your employer, you’ll be auto enrolled immediately. See Who qualifies to be auto enrolled into a workplace pension?
- Contributions to your pension savings in the Scheme will automatically come out of your pay from the first payroll date after you qualify.
- Your employer contributes from the same date.
- If you pay tax, you get tax relief on your pension contributions.
- Your pension savings are invested to help them grow.
- You can access the pensions savings you have grown with the Scheme at any time from age 55 onwards to provide retirement benefits.
You’ll be able to manage your Scheme membership and monitor your pension savings and online through your own Gateway account. You’ll get a new member account email with details of how to log in.
If you have been enrolled, you always have the option to opt out of the Scheme. You’ll receive an enrolment letter (usually via email) explaining how to do this. But, if you opt out, you won’t build up any pension savings with your employer’s help. See the Stopping contribution FAQs section for more about this.