Help and support for Financial advisers
We want to help you to help your clients set up and manage their pension schemes quickly and effectively. Our handy guides and comprehensive online Q&As can help.
You’re legally obliged to tell your employees about auto enrolment into a workplace pension scheme and explain how they will be affected by auto enrolment, including their obligations and choices. You must do this within six weeks of assessing them for eligibility for auto enrolment into the Scheme.
If you don’t manage your communications promptly and effectively, you risk not meeting your auto enrolment duties under the law.
We can do this for you. We’ll send out assessment, enrolment and postponement communications to the following employees:
- eligible jobholders – employees who must be put into a pension scheme that you pay into
- non-eligible jobholders – employees who can ask to opt into your auto enrolment scheme
- entitled workers – employees who won’t be auto enrolled into a pension scheme, but who can ask to join a pension scheme that you pay into (as long as it’s a qualifying scheme).
Yes, we can send statutory auto enrolment communications to your employees on your behalf. We include this as part of your service – we don’t charge you extra.
We can send communications by email:
- direct to each employee, if we have their email address, or
- to your common mailbox – a central email address, for example in your HR or payroll department – to be forwarded on to each employee.
The communications cover four areas of the auto enrolment process.
|Assessment for enrolment||This tells employees whether they’re eligible to be enrolled in the Scheme, sets out the criteria for enrolment, explains how workplace pensions work and what their options are.|
|Enrolment notice||This tells employees if they’ve been enrolled into the Scheme and the date they were enrolled. It also explains how contributions are deducted, how tax relief is deducted, how they can opt out, and how to manage their pension online.|
|Postponement notice||This lets your employees know if you’ve decided to postpone their assessment for eligibility to be enrolled in the Scheme (your deferral date) and gives them the new date for assessment. It also sets out the criteria for enrolment, explains how workplace pensions work and what their options are until they’re formally assessed.|
|Opt-in or opt-out confirmation||This lets employees know when they’ve successfully opted into or out of the Scheme.|
Which communications we send to your employees will depend on the information you upload in your pension data file. For example, we won’t send postponement notices if you’re not using postponement.