Auto enrolment is an ongoing process. Once you’ve enrolled your employees into your workplace pension and they’re active members, you need to meet your ongoing responsibilities for the Scheme – including the following.
- Uploading accurate pension data files to your employer website every pay period.
- Making sure everything’s in place for contributions to be paid or collected on time.
- Checking that statutory employee communications are sent on time, including opt-in and opt-out confirmations, new joiner notices and re-enrolment communications.
- Monitor the age and earnings for new and existing employees every month to check their eligibility for auto enrolment.
- Re-enrolling eligible employees every three years.
- Keeping accurate records of all your auto enrolment activities.