Our mission is to help everyone save for a more financially secure future. This means achieving the best financial outcomes for our own members, while fighting for a fair pension system to enable all pension savers to enjoy the retirement they deserve. We do this by highlighting pension inequalities and campaigning for change.
At NOW: Pensions we pride ourselves on offering a high quality and high performing workplace pension that is simple and straightforward at low cost.
We always put our customers at the heart of everything we do and make it our priority to ensure that our customers get the most value for their money.
We want to establish long term relationships by ensuring that our proposition delivers on its promises today and well into the future.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at NOW: Pensions. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Role and Responsibilities
NOW: Pensions is looking for an Operations Administrator to join our Operations department reporting directly to Operations Management. It’s an exciting time to be joining NOW: Pensions as we are entering the next phase of our journey looking at how we change the face of the pensions industry.
As an Operations Administrator, you will be expected to work well in a team environment to attain high levels of productivity. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the wider team to follow policy conditions, business rules and procedures effectively;
- Provide support, guidance and training where necessary to the rest of our operation;
- Understanding client requirements and ensuring work is completed to a high standard;
- Following case resolution processes which may include client contact both written and oral;
- Undertaking peer reviews and Quality Assurance;
- Keeping up to date with all technical and legislative changes, producing and updating documentation where instructed and sharing with wider team;
- Assisting with the organisation and distribution of workload to meet KPIs for projects and other events; Taking responsibility for using and promoting best practice;
- Reviewing and challenging current systems and processes for efficiency, advising on improvements where necessary;
- Provide training, advice and pensions expertise to other areas of the business in support of Defined Contribution Pensions, Auto Enrolment and Now: Pensions process and best practices;
- Providing a key point of control and collaboration between other NOW: Pensions functions;
- Ensure NOW: Pensions fulfils its obligations and is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Pensions Regulator.
Skills and Experience
- Experience working as an administrator of pension schemes, for a life and pensions provider, or within an investment administration function (with knowledge of the operation of Defined Contribution pension arrangements)
- Confidence when talking to internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Highly organised and able to objectively prioritise own work
- Advanced Excel skills, including
- Data analysis skills/experience
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, or similar CRM system
- Must be a quick learner and able to adapt to change easily
- Strong attention to detail
- Good decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A proactive attitude and can-do approach to work requirements
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team to achieve unified goals
- Knowledge of Automatic Enrolment and Master Trusts
- Experience working for a third-party administrator or employee benefits consultancy
- Experience of dealing with regulatory bodies/authorities on a regular basis
- Familiar with payroll and pension scheme reporting and control requirements
- Understanding of contribution and investment processing
Communication and Relationships
This role requires the establishment and maintenance of excellent relationships with a wide variety of stakeholder groups, colleagues, teams, and external suppliers.
You must demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm to promote the company values in service delivery and your employment. Observe and comply with the Code of Conduct.
The company’s values are summarised as follows:
We are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
We are true to our word and deliver on our promises.
We are passionate about progress and creating a better future.
We encourage creative thinking.
We are always looking for better ways to do things.
We always bring solutions not problems.
We foster a culture of knowledge and sharing.
We are considerate and respectful of our colleagues.
We put ourselves in the shoes of the customer when making decisions that may affect them.
Management of Risk & Compliance
It is every employee’s responsibility to take responsibility for Risk and Compliance in their day-to-day work. You will need to demonstrate adherence to external and internal risks and compliance, as well as ensuring regulatory and legal standards are met. You will actively follow all relevant procedures, mandatory training requirements and keeping appropriate records, reporting to Compliance any areas of concern.
Amongst other benefits we offer the following*:
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Contributory pension scheme (5% Employee / 10% Employer (total 15%))
- 25 days Annual Leave, increasing to 30 days after two years employment (plus the eight Bank Holidays in England and Wales)
- Private Healthcare
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Travel Ticket Loans
- Cycle Scheme
*please be aware that some benefits are dependent on length of service and successful completion of a six-month probationary period.
By submitting your application, you consent to NOW: Pensions Ltd (“NOW: Pensions”) processing your personal data including, where applicable, sensitive personal data to consider your suitability for employment with NOW: Pensions. You can withdraw your application and the consent for processing your personal data at any time. Your personal data will be retained by us only for so long as is necessary to consider your application. If you are successful in the recruitment process, depending on the role that you have applied for, we may need to undertake screening checks on you and may need to pass your personal data to a third party. We will seek your permission before we do this. If you are successful and become an employee of NOW: Pensions, your personal data may become a part of your personnel file. For further information on how NOW: Pensions processes your personal data and on your rights in respect of the data, please visit: https://www.nowpensions.com/about/careers/
Please be aware that if you are shortlisted, we will contact you within the next 14 days. If you don’t hear from us within this time, unfortunately we won’t be taking your application further. We wish you well with your job search.
Job reference number: NOT169
Application closure date: 3 November 2021