|Position Status:||Full Time Employment|
|Reporting to:||Head of Product|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
NOW: Pensions is looking for an Agile Programme Manager to join our growing Product team for our Pensions Services Platform, which services both clients of NOW: Pensions and members of the Master Trust.
It’s an exciting time to be joining NOW: Pensions as we are entering the next phase of our journey looking at how we continue to change the face of the pensions industry.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following as part of their role (this list is not exhaustive):
- Effective and impactful facilitation of the agile delivery process for the Pensions Service Platform using internal and external teams
- Effectively manage cross team impact, including other platform teams (Commercial Platform and Data Platform)
- Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement, including identifying new and novel tools and processes
- Work closely with Head of Product to build and maintain a healthy backlog, translating into a product roadmap
- Implement and champion an Agile framework, introducing transparent, collaborative, and proactive ways of working across the buisness
- Concisely and clearly present complex technical concepts to stakeholders at all levels
- Release planning and management
- Roadmap management through diligent planning, estimation, backlog management and communication
- Coaching and mentoring teams to apply the appropriate agile/efficiency tools and techniques
- Be a keen advocate of product driven, customer centric thinking
- Be a champion of the agile and scrum methodologies and explore ways to improve how NOW: Pensions uses the standard agile toolchain (Confluence, JIRA, Miro etc) and make suggestions for improvement.
- Ability to become a product evangelist for the Pensions Service Platform.
- Be adaptive and resilient and be able to see flaws in, and opportunities outside a process
- Ensure NOW: Pensions fulfils its obligations and is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Pensions Regulator.
Skills and Experience
- Over 5 years commercial experience in a similar role
- Exemplary facilitation, coaching and mentorship skills
- A leadership style suited to working alongside engineers/knowledge workers and senior stakeholders
- Be able to motivate and bring cross-functional, multi-vendor, and multi-cultural teams together to deliver effectively
- Advanced knowledge of the Atlassian toolchain including managing plugins and integrations with other products.
- Experience in planning and managing releases with internal and external teams
- Experience working in an organisation with a mature DevOps culture and a mature automated test capability
- Formal training in at least agile/product management frameworks such as Scrum, SaFE, DSDM etc, and the ability to compare the benefits of each
- Presentation skills – experience delivering project reports to key stakeholders, up to and including Board level
- Basic Defined Contributions Pension knowledge
- Experience working in a UK Master Trust or fintech firm
- Experience working in a product-centric environment (preferably in a pension or fintech team)
- Experience in delivery of non-software deliveries, such as infrastructure or procurement of third-party services
|To apply for this vacancy please email your CV to email@example.com referencing job number NP48.|