The key to your pension scheme running smoothly is the quality of the data that is provided to NOW: Pensions as all of the scheme data will be produced directly from your payroll software.
It is essential that you contact your payroll provider in advance of your staging date to discuss:
- That you have chosen NOW: Pensions as your auto enrolment provider.
- Whether they can produce the NOW: Pensions data file.
- Whether they can carry out all auto enrolment functionality such as assessment, postponement, enrolment, contribution deduction, opt ins, opt outs and re-enrolment as this is what drives the auto enrolment files into our employer portal.
You will also need to enter the following key information into your payroll software:
- Employer code – this is provided by NOW: Pensions and is unique to each client. Your employer code can be found in your participation agreement or the last four letters of your employer portal URL.
- Pay codes – If you signed up with NOW: Pensions after the 31st July 2015 your payroll codes will have been created through the online sign up process. However, any additional payrolls that need to be added will need to be created directly in your employer portal.
If you signed up prior to the 31st July 2015, you will need to create all pay codes in your employer portal. Once you have created your pay codes, these need to be input into your payroll software so that when you produce the data files, the relevant codes are displayed in the correct column of the file.
- NOW: Pensions run an occupational scheme
- Contributions are deducted from gross salary which means you will need to set up your payroll software on a net pay arrangement and not relief at source.
- Postponement rules – if you are using postponement
Are NOW: Pensions compatible with all payroll software?
Do I need to upgrade my payroll software?
Using Moneysoft payroll software with NOW: Pensions
Using Sage payroll software with NOW: Pensions
How to export data from Opera 3