There can often be a mismatch between the contributions that have been deducted from payroll for a specific pay period and the amount that is collected by Direct Debit. These discrepancies can occur for a number of reasons however predominately the discrepancies are due to the employee being in their opt out period or there being a conflict in the data that has been uploaded.
In order to be able to identify and reconcile these discrepancies and see a breakdown of your payments, go to NOW: Pensions Gateway and on the Home page you can see ‘Statement of Account’. This is where you can see the following:
• Total Contributions – All contributions imported for the payroll
• Amount reserved for opt outs – Contributions on hold until after 30 day opt out period has passed
• Still to be collected – Contributions that have been sent but need to pass validations
• Currently processing – contributions to be collected
• Collected – contributions confirmed collected by Direct Debit
You can also click on ‘View Direct Debit History” where you will be able to access all direct debits that have been taken and view what contributions have been taken for which member. These will enable you to reconcile the collections that are made once payroll data has been successfully uploaded and processed through NOW: Pensions Gateway.
The direct debit IDs will allow you to reconcile the contribution figures that are quoted on the Direct Debit collection emails that are issued and also establish why contributions may not have been collected for some employees.