A CSV File is a Microsoft Excel Comma Separated Values File
- A CSV allows data to be saved in a table structured format.
- CSV files can be used with any spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel, Open Office Calc, or Google Sheets.
- Blank CSV Template
Important Note – when working with CSV files some information can be lost if not used carefully (for example payroll numbers with leading zeros). To prevent this you should follow these instructions:
- Files should be exported directly to Excel which retains the correct formatting
- If any amendments are needed this should be done before saving the file
- Once happy save as a .csv file, click yes to use that format.
- Close the document when it will then prompt to save changes, click No to this and then the file is ready to upload.