Help Centre for Employees

How can I suspend paying my workplace pension contributions until my work situation improves?

To temporarily stop paying pension contributions, you’ll need to cease active membership of the NOW: Pensions Trust (the ‘Scheme’).

You can do this by logging into our member website. Simply click the ‘Opt-out button’ and complete the relevant forms.

You can also contact our member support team for a paper copy of the opt-out form.

Your employer will also stop paying its contributions at the same time.

If you do not rejoin, you may be automatically re-enrolled at your employer’s next re-enrolment date. This occurs once every three years.

If you have any more questions on suspending your workplace pension contributions, or on anything else, please email our customer services team at

NOW: Pensions has a good technical infrastructure combined with a pension product suitable for our team. We couldn’t be happier with NOW: Pensions.
Martin Woods,