No. Your employer is still required to paying pension contributions while receiving government support.
The contribution rate will also remain the same – for example, if your employer usually pays 3% of your earnings, they will continue to pay that amount, and you’ll pay the remaining 5% to make up the total minimum of 8%.
If your earnings are less than normal, the amount of deductions will change accordingly.
If you have any more questions on your employer making pension contributions, or on anything else, please email our customer services team at email@example.com.