Data Engineer

Job Reference NumberNP57
Position StatusFull time, Permanent

Our mission is to help everyone save for a more financially secure future. This means achieving the best financial outcomes for our own members, while fighting for a fair pension system to enable all pension savers to enjoy the retirement they deserve. We do this by highlighting pension inequalities and campaigning for change.

At NOW: Pensions we pride ourselves on offering a high quality and high performing workplace pension that is simple and straightforward at low cost.

We always put our customers at the heart of everything we do and make it our priority to ensure that our customers get the most value for their money.

We want to establish long term relationships by ensuring that our proposition delivers on its promises today and well into the future.

Role and Responsibilities

      • Work in the Data Platform team to build data assets from Data Flows / ETL to Data Models to Data Visualisations
      • Work within an agile team
      • Collaborate with Data Management, Data Analysts and other business functions
      • Continually seek to improve skills as a Data Engineer through learning and development
      • Be responsible for automated testing, data flow checks and balances to verify data as it flows through the workflow
      • Anticipate, identify and resolve key data issues, finding appropriate solutions in keeping with project deadlines and prior to anticipated implementation timescales
      • Resolving data issues for the organisation, ensuring effective communication to key stakeholders and minimal disruption to the business
      • Communication to both managerial and technical stakeholders to understand and explain relevant concepts in a clear and concise way

      Skills and Experience


      • Experience building Data Flows / ETL pipelines
      • Used CI/CD pipelines
      • Worked as part of an agile team


      • Great Expectations
      • Apache Airflow or similar tool for data workflows
      • Data Flow / ETL SaaS such as Talend or AWS Glue
      • AWS Services such as S3, Fargate
      • MS SQL Server or similar RDBMS
      • Docker + Kubernetes
      • Python or another mainstream programming language
      • TDD / BDD

        Core Competencies:

        • Communication
        • Technical understanding
        • Innovation
        • Data integration design
        • Data engineering
        • Stakeholder management


              Amongst other benefits we offer the following:

              • Competitive Basic Salary
              • Discretionary Bonus Scheme
              • Contributory pension scheme (5% Employee / 10% Employer (total 15%))
              • 25 days Annual Leave, increasing to 30 days after two years employment (plus Public Holidays in England and Wales)
              • Private Healthcare
              • Life Insurance
              • Income Protection

              Privacy Statement

              By submitting your application, you consent to NOW: Pensions Ltd (“NOW: Pensions”) processing your personal data including, where applicable, sensitive personal data to consider your suitability for employment with NOW: Pensions. You can withdraw your application and the consent for processing your personal data at any time. Your personal data will be retained by us only for so long as is necessary to consider your application. If you are successful in the recruitment process, depending on the role that you have applied for, we may need to undertake screening checks on you and may need to pass your personal data to a third party. We will seek your permission before we do this. If you are successful and become an employee of NOW: Pensions, your personal data may become a part of your personnel file. For further information on how NOW: Pensions processes your personal data and on your rights in respect of the data, please visit:

              To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and Covering Letter to quoting reference number NP57.