Saving money can be difficult at the best of times. During the summer months enjoying a cold drink in the sunshine is on the top of the list of things to do, but this really is the perfect opportunity to save money if you put your mind to it.
Here are our top tips to save money this summer:
- BBQs at home – It may not seem like much at the time but eating out with the family really adds up. Instead, get your family and friends over for a BBQ in the garden. If everyone chips in for the food and drink and you will see a significant saving.
- Ditch your gym membership and workout outside – No one wants to be stuck in a sweaty gym on a nice hot day. Dust of the tennis rackets, go out for a run, take the family for a bike ride, get the football out of the shed or plan a rounder’s match in the park! There are loads of cost free activities, which are lots of fun, healthy and best of all, free!
- Holiday in the UK – Take advantage of a whole host of British destinations which are just as good as going abroad! Whether you enjoy lounging by the beach, charging around a historic city or taking your chances on a surfboard, there’s something for everyone. And best of all, it’s a cheap holiday – from travel to hotels, there are plenty of budget-friendly stays that will leave you feeling like you’ve gone abroad, but for a fraction of the cost.
- Your summer wardrobe – Share your wardrobe with your buddies, don’t extend your own summer attire when winter is around the corner just swap around with a friend! For that special occasion, why not look into renting an outfit? This way you can be more adventurous with your look, and wear some real catwalk couture for a fraction of the cost.
- Stop using the tumble dryer – If you can, hang up laundry outside let the sun and warm summer breeze do the drying for you. You’ll be amazed at how fresh your clothes smell once they’ve baked in the sun for a while.
- From the pub to the park – Save almost half your money by getting drinks from the local supermarket and heading to the park or a friends garden to take full advantage of the long summer evenings
- Lunchtime summer sarnies – Make your lunch in advance at home and sit in the sunshine on your lunch break, enjoy reading your book or listen to a podcast.
- Peak time to hit the charity shops – Summer is the best time to take advantage of all those recent spring cleans and get yourself some great bargains.
- Grow your own food – Get your green fingers out and start growing your own fruit and veg! There are so many benefits, its cost efficient, organic and healthy and also gets the whole family involved.
- Plan ahead – Book some fun days out way in advance to get the best deals, it also means your excitement lasting longer!
There you have it, 10 tips to help you save money this summer which are easy to do whilst still having fun in the sun! You could even plan a sunny get away for the winter with the money you save or better yet put these savings towards your future.